On this first episode of a planned RIAcast Transition Success Series, featuring Fidelity, we speak with Gary Decker, RIA Wealth Alliance Advisory Group’s President and CEO as well as Fidelity Vice President Andy Burgess.
Gary and Andy discuss their successful collaboration after Gary and his colleague’s breakaway from a traditional brokerage firm.
Gary and Andy discuss with Matt, among other things:
- The impetus for Gary’s going independent;
- How Gary worked through the challenges of going from an employee to a business owner;
- How Andy walks advisors through the process after they decide to breakaway;
- The biggest challenges Gary faced in his transition;
- Gary’s advice for advisors considering going independent; and
- Andy’s take on how breaking away has changed for advisors facing non-Protocol transitions.
For more information about Fidelity, please click here.
For more information about Wealth Alliance Advisory Group, please click here.